cortinarius and amanitas from Spain

Regis.Courtecuisse Regis.Courtecuisse at
Thu Dec 12 13:19:23 EST 1996

In article <850268850.11688 at>, azulyverde at says...
>I write from Spain where I work as biologist. Here I have found a new
>place with the poisonous Cortinarius orellanus in the mountains called
>Gredos. Is the first time this mushroom had been gathered in the region
>called Ávila. I also have found new places in Spain with big crops of
>boletus edulis, Amanita caesarea, morchellas and other kind of very
>mushrooms.It would be very interesting for our forest and for the people
>who lives in our land if mushrooms will become a new ecological
>May somebody help us, how this mushrooms must be comercializated (get
>the market), Anybody knows e-mail, web or ordinary directions of
>mushroom buyers ?
>     Search, Read, Post to Usenet

Hi !

You are speaking about COMMERCIAL resource, not ecological one !!! By
the way, it would quickly turn out to be an ANTI-ECOLOGICAL resource for
the mushrooms, then for the forest, and finally to the PEOPLE THEMSELVES.
Are you looking for further ecological disasters ??!
Forests are enough under threat at the moment. Places where fungi are
well-productive should be protected, not over-harvested. Let the fungi
quietly play their ECOLOGICAL role. They are not made to be eaten -at
least certainly not if treated as a commercial resource ! This idea is
typically anthropocentric and decidedly short-sighted.
The first part of your message is by far more interesting. You should
stick to this kind of scientifically significant contributions.