cortinarius and amanitas from Spain

azulyverde at tst.es azulyverde at tst.es
Fri Dec 13 14:51:06 EST 1996

In article <58pibb$l52 at netserver.univ-lille1.fr>,
  Regis.Courtecuisse at phare.univ-lille2.fr (Regis.Courtecuisse) wrote:

> In article <850268850.11688 at dejanews.com>, azulyverde at tst.es says...
> >
> >I write from Spain where I work as biologist. Here I have found a new
> >place with the poisonous Cortinarius orellanus in the mountains called
> >Gredos. Is the first time this mushroom had been gathered in the region
> >called Ávila. I also have found new places in Spain with big crops of
> >boletus edulis, Amanita caesarea, morchellas and other kind of very
> useful
> >mushrooms.It would be very interesting for our forest and for the people
> >who lives in our land if mushrooms will become a new ecological
> resource.
> >May somebody help us, how this mushrooms must be comercializated (get
> into
> >the market), Anybody knows e-mail, web or ordinary directions of
> european
> >mushroom buyers ?
> >      http://www.dejanews.com/     Search, Read, Post to Usenet
>
> Hi !
>
> You are speaking about COMMERCIAL resource, not ecological one !!! By
> the way, it would quickly turn out to be an ANTI-ECOLOGICAL resource for
> the mushrooms, then for the forest, and finally to the PEOPLE THEMSELVES.
> Are you looking for further ecological disasters ??!
> Forests are enough under threat at the moment. Places where fungi are
> well-productive should be protected, not over-harvested. Let the fungi
> quietly play their ECOLOGICAL role. They are not made to be eaten -at
> least certainly not if treated as a commercial resource ! This idea is
> typically anthropocentric and decidedly short-sighted.
> The first part of your message is by far more interesting. You should
> stick to this kind of scientifically significant contributions.
>
> 	Regards.
>
> 	Regis

Here, in Spain we have some of the best examples of how the idea eco-development
becomes reality. One of them is the ecological harvest of fungi products using
common sense. What do you say about harvesting tuber melanosporum in quercus
forest?. This fungi fruit is ecological-harvested, is a rich resource that the
people of the productive zone preserve more than other natural sources. And
protecting the fungi resource, the fungi and the forest are preserve too. You
must see how people of litle villages DO REAL ECOLOGY. Furthermore to fungi
harvest in this mature and big forest is the treasure and the secret of its
variety and its conservation.We have also some of the best conservated forest of
europe and,..is incredible but fungi, in these forest, are right-harvested, some
CENTURIES AGO,during this centuries fungi not only preserve its ecological role
in the forest but even spread its area.I am speaking for example about basque
forest and Calocibe gambosa. So who is short-sighted?, of course i was speaking
about a good ecological resource, but maybe my Englihs is not good enough!

   regards
   Enrique  :-)