cortinarius and amanitas from Spain

MR TOM E SCOLA mycophage at prodigy.com
Thu Dec 12 23:09:13 EST 1996

Regis,

I think you might be right regarding the "commercial vs. ecological".
However, I think jumping to the conclusion(s) that "new awareness" of
sources of mushroom crops being inherently detrimental to the forest
ecosystem is a little much. After all where do we draw the line when
it comes to such resources? I know where most so-called
environmentalists would like to...fortunately for the rest of us no
one makes fences that high yet.  Furthermore I would hope that
someone who is a biologist would have the knowledge and appreciation
of such habitats to plan for their use accordingly.
Not everyone is out to damage the environment...the media just makes
it seem that way!!  ;-)

Regards,

Tom