Help! Innonotus obliquus

Dr AF Bourbeau bourbeau at saglac.qc.ca
Wed Dec 25 05:51:13 EST 1996

Hello, we are desperately trying to obtain any kind of information on a
fungi named Innonotus obliquus which parasites birch (Betula spp).  Any
lead you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

The reason this fungi is of particular interest is that it is the only
material we have ever found in the immensity of nature which will hold a
spark made from the primitive flint & steel technique. We are trying to
understand this phenomena and find other natural sources with the same
characteristics.

Thank you very kindly,

AFB

Please send a copy of the message to Bourbeau at saglac.qc.ca because we do