tuber melanosporum odour analyzed??

Regis.Courtecuisse Regis.Courtecuisse at phare.univ-lille2.fr
Fri Feb 9 06:22:29 EST 1996

In article <4f6ef7$jqm at news.xs4all.nl>, chris at xs4all.nl says...

>Does anyone know of any attempts of analyzing chemically the typical
>flavours of T. melanosporum? Or even synthesizing the "truffle essence"

Hi !

Some french researchers did the job. I don't have the reference at hand
right now, but the team leader was Thierry TALOU, working if I remember
well in Toulouse. Artificial fragrance is also actual I think.
Probably people at the INRA Mushroom Research Station would reply to you
more efficiently.
I don't have electronic address but the FAX is (33).56.84.31.78.

Hope this helps.
Sincerely.

		regis