Amanita phalloides look alikes in S.E. Asia?

Francoise.SEIGLE-MURANDI francoise.seigle-murandi at ujf-grenoble.fr
Tue Feb 13 13:19:57 EST 1996

mizo at ffpri.affrc.go.jp (Mizoguchi, Takeo) wrote:
>Hi!

>Same disaster also occurred in Japan. Families of Chinese student died
>by poisoning of Amanita phalloides emerged in a park garden in Nagoya.
>They might mistook them as Volvariella volvacea var. volvacea or
>Volvariella volvacea var. nigricans both widely cultured in southern
>Asian countries. I don't know the cultural characteristics of A.
>phalloides
>or V. volvacea, but their habitat is clearly different. A. phalloides
>is mycorrhizal species, but V. volvacea is saprophytic one.
>
>Regards.
>
>Mizoguchi, Takeo       Forestry And Forest Products Research Institute
>mizo at ffpri.affrc.go.jp

Hi,

I would be interested, and I guess others might be, to get more
information about that case of poisoning, ie, how many peoples were
involved, what was the symptomatology, treatment and how did they
recovered, if they did. Has there been any scientific report of the
case ?

Thanks

Françoise SEIGLE-MURANDI
GEDEXE/Université Joseph Fourier