PROPOSAL: alt.mushrooms

bwana pearceg at access5.digex.net
Thu Feb 15 16:57:04 EST 1996

I disagree.  For the last six months I have looked for a NG on
mushrooms.  My searches come up empty.  I did not know what mycology
meant, so I never did a "mycology" key word search.   I believe there
are many, many people interested in mushrooms, hunting, growing, cooking,
eating, who are not on this newsgroup, but would like to be a newsgroup
about mushrooms.  There may be  enough space on this newsgroup for all of
the above, but the fact is there is very little of the above on this
group.  As my Daddy always said, "even if you have the world's best
mousetrap, if you don't have the right packaging and marketing, then
there will not be much of a path to your door".  This newsgroup just does
not have a very eye catching packaging, this is why there should be a new
newgroup started with "mushrooms" in its name.