tuber melanosporum odour analyzed??

Philippe J.BLANC blanc at
Fri Feb 16 11:40:56 EST 1996

Thierry TALOU is working at Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Chimie de
Toulouse Tel 33 61175729 Fax 33 61175730. He has an emailbox but I dont
remember his adress

Philippe J. BLANC (in Toulouse, France too!)
-------------- next part --------------
From: Regis.Courtecuisse at (Regis.Courtecuisse)
Newsgroups: bionet.mycology
Subject: Re: tuber melanosporum odour analyzed??
Date: 9 Feb 1996 11:22:29 GMT

In article <4f6ef7$jqm at>, chris at says...
>Does anyone know of any attempts of analyzing chemically the typical
>flavours of T. melanosporum? Or even synthesizing the "truffle essence"

Hi !

Some french researchers did the job. I don't have the reference at hand
right now, but the team leader was Thierry TALOU, working if I remember
well in Toulouse. Artificial fragrance is also actual I think.
Probably people at the INRA Mushroom Research Station would reply to you
more efficiently.
I don't have electronic address but the FAX is (33).

Hope this helps.