postdoctoral position

Barry Bowman bowman at biology.ucsc.edu
Fri Feb 16 17:14:47 EST 1996

Postdoctoral position available.

Department of Biology
University of California, Santa Cruz

We are investigating the structure and function of membrane transport
proteins, using Neurospora crassa as a model system.  Our major focus is to
understand the mechanism and physiological role of the vacuolar ATPase, a
complex enzyme found in many types of cell membranes.  In our research we
use a variety of approaches, including genetics, molecular biology,
bichemistry, and electron microscopy.

We have excellent laboratory facilities in a beatiful setting.  The
university is situated in a redwood forest overlooking the Pacific Ocean
and Monterey Bay.  The Department of Biology has about 30 faculty, 90 Ph.D.
students and 25 postdocs.

For more information contact:
Barry Bowman
Department of Biology