PROPOSAL: alt.mushrooms

Thomas O'Dell todell at u.washington.edu
Fri Feb 16 14:04:59 EST 1996

Your diagreement appears to be to the *name* of the group, more than its
content. You may think that there is "very little" about the aspects of
mycology that interest you, but how long have you been watching this space?
Amature mycologist can and do post questions, opinions and observations
about all aspects of fungi in which they are interested. In fact at
certain times threads about where the morels are fruiting or whether ones
favorite patch of chantrelles have produced this year dominate the group.
There is no reason to start another fungus related group, and doing so
will dilute what is here. Far better to give the group a new name or make
it easier to find somehow.
BTW did you try browsing the web for mushroom? I suspect that there are a
number of pages out there that would point you to this group.
Regards,
T. O'Dell
(professional mycologist and mushroom lover)

todell at u.washington.edu
Mycology is better than Urology!