Truffle crisis in france

Bob Galvan kasplash at
Wed Feb 21 23:53:05 EST 1996

In article <Pine.SGI.3.91.960219191755.7124A-100000 at>,
smith renate  <rsmith1 at> wrote:
>I am trying to straighten out some facts on the current truffle crisis

>William Griner from Mendocino CA claims to have perfected high-yield
>cultivation, never heard from again.

William and cohorts showed up at the December Mushroom Fair put on by the
Mycological Society of San Francisco.   They had truffles for sale as
well as truffled butter and samples of truffled fudge.  I believe the
company name was Black Diamond.   Sorry, I don't have a phone nor address.

Bob Galvan
kasplash at