Complete Genome Sequencing of Fungi

Kevin McCluskey fgsc at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu
Thu Feb 22 13:08:42 EST 1996

Rossman, Amy wrote:

> Dear mycologists,
>
> For the second time in a month I have been asked if anyone is working to
> sequence the complete genome of a fungus.  I assumed someone is working on
> Saccharomyces.  Can anyone of you tell me which fungus and by whom complete
> genome sequence is taking place?
>
> Sue Tolin will be discussing this at a meeting at ASM tomorrow.  Thank you.
>
> Amy
>
> Amy Y. Rossman, Director
> U.S. National Fungus Collections
> 10300 Baltimore Ave.
> Beltsville, MD 20705
> 301-504-5364
> FAX 301-504-5810
> email: amy at fungi.ars-grin.gov

Hi,  Check out the Yeast genome web site at Stanford,

http://genome-www.stanford.edu/Saccharomyces/

There you will find a page on chromosome seq projects,
http://genome-www.stanford.edu/Saccharomyces/complete_chr.html

It looks like only chromosome XVI needs much work-
the rest are at least 78% completed and most are >90%
complete.

Kevin McCluskey,
Curator FGSC