hyphae identification

LindaH linda.hjeljord at nlh10.nlh.no
Sat Feb 24 09:34:50 EST 1996

Fellow bionetters!

I need to find a method of detecting metabolically active filamentous fungi
of given genera in field samples.  The genera I am looking for are easily
identifiable on growth media, but a cultivation technique would need to
exclude colonies arising from conidia or chlamydospores (which are
plentiful in these samples).  I do not have access to hyphae-specific
antibodies to these genera.

Any suggestions or leads would be appreciated, and I will summarize and
post all the information I«m hoping to receive!

LindaH