boletes in San Diego

Kelly Shepard shepard at jeeves.ucsd.edu
Wed Jan 10 21:59:02 EST 1996

Hi. This is my first post, and  probably a somewhat naive request. I live in
San Diego and noticed a large group of "boletes" growing in my friend's
backyard. I was quite excited because this was the first time I'd ever seen
one. The caps were tan and the undersides of the cap
 were yellowish. They looked mature.Anyway, does anyone know what species this
 might be, or which species are common in the San Diego area?
I'm sorry I don't have a more detailed description, but I didn't want to touch
them.

Kelly
.