computer program

Fred Rhoades fredr at cc.wwu.edu
Mon Jul 8 09:47:05 EST 1996

Charles Samuels <arktika at alaska.net> writes:

>Does anyone know of a mushroom identification computer program?  Thanks
>in advance.

Hi all,
  I am still distributing Demo Disks of the PC-TAXON key system with the
key viewing program, ASKATAXA (Version 2.6) and a key to 50 genera of
gilled mushrooms.  An old version (2.4) of this disk is available on the
INTERNET (http://muse.bio.cornell.edu/archive/taxacom.html).  The file to
get is 014ask.zip in the Flora On Line Archive.  This version does not
work well on faster 386 and 486 computers.  Note that the PC-TAXON package
is now distributed by the author and no longer by QUEUE as indicated in
these files.  A general discussion of computer keys is at
http://muse.bio.cornell.edu/archive/gophtax.1994/0564.html.
  Write to me for details on the current version and the whole PC-TAXON
program set.

Fred Rhoades, Research Associate
Biology Department, WWU
Bellingham, WA  98225