Fractal Analysis of Fungal Colony Morphology

Cameron Jones dhelix at
Fri Jul 12 01:08:51 EST 1996

You may be interested in the following web paper:

2-D Wavelet Packet Analysis of Structural Self-Organisation and
Morphogenic Regulation in Filamentous Fungal Colonies

Additional software in S-Plus is available to calculate the global
Fractal Dimension using the above methods.  A full paper and software
ready for downloading is available from:

I would be interested in any readers comments, or potential interest
in collaboration.  I can be contacted at the following email

work: CJONES at
home: dhelix at

Cameron L. Jones
(Research Fellow)