commercial advertisements on the mycology discussion group

George Riner griner at ultranet.com
Sat Jun 1 18:02:35 EST 1996

I would like to know if I'm one of the offenders.  I think my
activities in this group have been either a)chiming in on
identification questions/suggestions or the NAMA/NEMF conference.
Looking back over the recent (back to May 1, 1996), I'm not sure I see
a lot of 'commercial advertisements'.  Maybe it's the person in
Balt/DC area who wanted to buy morels; Bob Rust was looking for
mushroom users groups and got a couple of possibly commercial
request for digesters of pine needles elicited a reference to Fungi
Perfecti; Ralph Arnold posted a solicitation for FUNGUS and a web site
to check out for growing mushrooms commercially (this message comes
across pretty close to 'commercial advertisement'); Dr. Krishna
offered to publish SEM pictures (possibly commercial).

Ralph Arnold and Dr. Krishna seem to come the closest to 'commercial
advertising' that I see.  Out of 130 postings since May 1, that's less
than 2%.  Doesn't seem a statistically significant increase in
commercial adverstisements. Yet!

:George