Fatality after consuming hallucingenic mushrooms

morled the at knarled.com
Tue Jun 4 16:26:29 EST 1996


gerault at shom.fr (Alain Gerault) wrote:

> WARNING !
> A young man died from an overdose after consuming Psilocybe
semilanceata. With 
> a group of friends,he had consumed more than 50 of these mushrooms in three 
> intakes on the same day. 
> Left unattended, he died on the very evening after a few-hour-long coma.

Semilanceata are relatively weak psilocybes. It takes 20 to 40 mushrooms
to produce a hallucinogenic effect. More likely, this man accidentally
ingested a few poisonous non-psilocybe specimens.



More information about the Mycology mailing list