Heat shock in Aspergillus nidulans

lanier at pipeline.com lanier at pipeline.com
Tue Jun 4 01:58:56 EST 1996

I am interesting in hearing (e-mail) from anyone studying heat shock (or
other forms of quantifiable stress) in Aspergillus nidulans.

Specifically:

I am looking for observable effects of heat shock on developmental traits
or expression of genes determining morphological characters.  Such
heat-shock effects might be change in timing of development, competence to
respond to inducers of development, or degree of expression of a trait.
Expression might be in the form of a phenocopy, or simply enhancement (or
reduction) of gene expression.

For example:  In Drosophila melanogaster heat shock during development
induces the phenocopy "crossveinless" in a small proportion of flies.  This
phenocopy corresponds to the gene cv- (the phenocopy is not "inherited",
just expressed after heat shock).

Regards,

Wayne Lanier, PhD