candida parapsilosis

Susan Jane Hogarth sjhogart at unity.ncsu.edu
Wed Jun 5 10:46:48 EST 1996

Douglas J. Connor wrote:

> Awhile back, I requested help from anyone knowledgeable or experienced
> with c. parapsilosis (in this case trichosporon penicillatum), a
> particular strain which has invaded both mine and my friends' body.

{snip}

>  The only person who answered my first inquiry was a research mycologist
> who, although he meant well, was self limited by his "knowledge" and
> ultimately was of no help. If there is any one with an open mind who may
> be curious or who may be able to help us eliminate this, please contact:

Looking for a faith healer, eh? Well, I'll pray for you (not).
It's damn hard to have it both ways - you want an experieced, competent mycologist who
has what you'd call an "open mind" (which I strongly suspect means someone who will offer
up some offbeat, modernized snakeoil). I'm afraid you might have to make a decision -
stick with reg'lar doctors (who certainly can be idiots, but can occaisionaly be quite
clever), or just start drinking the Kambuschka tea. The mix-n-match therapy can do more
harm than good.

Sorry if I seem to be taking your suffering lightly - I really am not. Here's my advice
(obviously, I'm not what you call the "open-minded" type):
*bug the hell out of your doctor, see other doctors, bug the hell out of them*
That *may* do you some good. Ask _lots_ of questions, and when you remember the questions
you forgot to ask, call the doctor back, and ask them over the 'phone.

I hope things work out for you.

--

Susan Jane Hogarth (self-limited by her knowledge :)

"Luck is the residue of design." -- Freddy the Fish

"Personally, I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like being
taught." -- Winston Churchill

http://www4.ncsu.edu/~sjhogart/public/home.html