Fatality after consuming hallucingenic mushrooms
williams at netshop.net
Tue Jun 4 20:37:11 EST 1996
Richard Kahn and Tiffany Winne <richard at user1.channel1.com> wrote:
>I was going to say the same thing yesterday; but then thought it was so
>obvious that this guy who ate the 50 mushrooms was acting irresponsibly,
>I decided not to comment. My mind changed overnight, however; and I was
>glad to see your post this morning. I've said it before- while I would in no
>way look to constrain the freedom of the posters to the newsgroups, as I
>feel that in sharing any and all info. lies the chance at Truth, Honesty, and
>ultimately, Wisdom, I am often saddened that alt.drugs groups (which I
>think so interesting and important) are often dominated by tales of
>ignorance and irresponsibility. It is all our duty to point out cases where
>peoples irresponsiblity, because when we do not, time has shown us that
>drastic measures are almost always taken against the
>thing-in-question-used, rather than the person (so much) his/herself.
>Again- we all have made and will make stupid decisions, but the Beauty of
>our species is that we can learn from them, and so prescribe caution.
>Richard and Tiffany (richard @user1.channel1.com)
>"The Truth is not always beautiful, nor Beauty truthful."---Lao Tze
>"You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people
> some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the
>"Pass the Gin..."---I said that.
Irresponsible or not misses the point. Ingesting 50+ mushrooms isn't
THAT uncommon. Dying from it is extremely uncommon.
More information about the Mycology