candida parapsilosis

Douglas J. Connor dougzen at humboldt1.com
Tue Jun 4 23:59:33 EST 1996

Awhile back, I requested help from anyone knowledgeable or experienced
with c. parapsilosis (in this case trichosporon penicillatum), a
particular strain which has invaded both mine and my friends' body. It
has expressed itself by causing our hair to somewhat twist and curl and
to grow very sparsely in patches on our scalps. This is especially
difficult for my friend as she has been accustomed to having beautiful
hair. It also makes our skin feel oily or waxy and has a definite odor to
it. This fungus has also invaded our house, carpeting,clothes, etc. to
the extent that some of our clothes become uncomfortable to wear (and
even painful with a burning sensation).
 We are not nor have we ever had medical problems of any significance. We
are in our mid forties and college educated, and reside on the No.
California coast. Medical doctors have not been much help and though they
have seen the symptoms they have treated for head lice, mites, and
ringworm. We have been using sporanox for three months but haven't yet
had any positive results.
 The only person who answered my first inquiry was a research mycologist
who, although he meant well, was self limited by his "knowledge" and
ultimately was of no help. If there is any one with an open mind who may
be curious or who may be able to help us eliminate this, please contact:
 dougzen at humboldt1.com   THANK YOU