On request:precisions about the case of fatality after cosuming Psilocybe.

George Riner griner at ultranet.com
Sat Jun 8 09:44:13 EST 1996

Dr. Murphy wondered if 45g/l (by HPLC) was a typo.  I went back and
read the posting and it said 4, not 45.  I suspect that since the
poster actually typed in the character for 'micro', that perhaps some
newsreaders can't correctly render that code as 'µ' and it displayed
as a '5' instead.

Secondly, I'm curious how much credence to give to the claims of the
friends of the victim as to how many were eaten and when.  The report
says that 30-40 were picked and eaten IN THE FIELD at 3:00 a.m.!!
Isn't it kinda dark then?  Were they all stumbling around in the field
with flashlights making careful ID's and keeping good counts of what
they ate?  I'm skeptical.