candida parapsilosis

Douglas J. Connor dougzen at humboldt1.com
Mon Jun 10 15:31:48 EST 1996

Lars D. Peterson wrote:

> In <31B51435.7F1F at humboldt1.com> "Douglas J. Connor"
> <dougzen at humboldt1.com> writes:
> [abridged]
> >Awhile back, I requested help from anyone knowledgeable or experienced
> >with c. parapsilosis (in this case trichosporon penicillatum), a
> >particular strain which has invaded both mine and my friends' body. It
> >has expressed itself by causing our hair to somewhat twist and curl
> and to grow very sparsely in patches on our scalps. It also makes our
> skin feel oily or waxy and has a definite odor to it. This fungus has
> also invaded our house, carpeting,clothes, etc. tothe extent that some
> of our clothes become uncomfortable to wear (and even painful with a
> burning sensation). Medical doctors have not been much help and though
> they have seen the symptoms they have treated for head lice, mites, and
> ringworm. We have been using sporanox for three months but haven't yet
> had any positive results. If there is any one with an open mind who may
> be curious or who may be able to help us eliminate this, please
> contact:
> > dougzen at humboldt1.com   THANK YOU
>
>     It occurs to me to ask how you know what it is you are infected
> with, whereas the doctors you consulted do not. Please pardon my
> questioning your judgement, I am merely asking for my own edification.
>
> Thanx,
> MAX da WolfDefinately a vald question. I asked my personal doctor to send samples to
a lab in Utah. These were samples of a fuzz like nature taken from our
scalps after showering and a clump of hair from my armpit.the results
were candida parapsilosis, Trichosporon penicillatum (formerly
geotrichum). Most of the doctors didn't even persue a fungal source,
except one, an internist at UCDavis Med Center. She took samples and
i.d.'d ringworm fungus, tinea capita. Ater that initial visit and
treatment, which didn't appear to work nothing else re. fungus was
persued.
dougzen at humboldt1.com