Kambuca Mushrooms from Japan

Bruno Pretto & Paula Vopni bpretto at io.org
Tue Jun 11 05:09:58 EST 1996

In article <4p0ski$l64 at newsbf02.news.aol.com> enigl at aol.com (Enigl) writes:
>From: enigl at aol.com (Enigl)
>Newsgroups: bionet.mycology
>Subject: Kambuca Mushrooms from Japan
>Date: 4 Jun 1996 04:37:38 -0400
>Sender: root at newsbf02.news.aol.com

>Why are Kambuca mushrooms from Japan being used to treat AIDS?

>What possible evidence has been collected so far?

>Davin C. Enigl, MS-MEAS
>Senior Microbiologist, Consultant

>HACCP Validations-sm
>Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point Validations
>For the Food, Cosmetic and Pharmaceutical Industry

>June 3, 1996
>5:30 pm

Kambuca (Kombucha) is a symbiotic yeast/bacteria organism not a mushroom (the
Japanese know it as Kocha-kinoko. It is used to make a cider like beverage
with unproven effects such as making your hair grow back.
The mushrooms that are used for immune system stimulation are Reishi
(Ganoderma lucidum) or Maitake (Grifola frondosa). I highly recommend a book
by Christopher Hobbs titled Medicinal Mushrooms, it is very detailed and
bibliographed.

Bruno
  Bruno Pretto, Fun Guy Farm (Toronto CANADA) OCIA Certified Organic.
      Home page http://www.io.org/~bpretto
      NAMA Trustee for Toronto Mycological Society.
      Secretary Oak Forest Mushroom Association (outdoor shiitake growers).