Internet Fungi ID Test (third try)

John S. Watson - FSC watson at
Tue Jun 18 15:45:07 EST 1996

I'm very sorry if you've seen this more than once
(but I'm pretty sure because of a busted news server it
hasn't gotten out yet ...)

Last weekend I found some mushrooms in the Sierra near Yosemite
growing on the ground at about the 7000' level.

I'm pretty sure I know what they are, at least down to
the genera, but as a sort of net experiment,
I've digitize it's image with a video camera,
to see if anyone in this group provide me with some confirmation.

I've  put the JPEG image file into my WWW homepage directory area,

so if you have a chance, could you please take a look
and see what species it is.

John S. Watson
NASA Ames Research Center MS/257-7, Moffett Field, CA 94035

"If aquarium gravel is so bad for you, how come it tastes so good?"
                          --- Ralph Wiggum