Internet Fungi ID Test (third try)

Michael Wood mwood at dnai.com
Thu Jun 20 11:36:36 EST 1996

watson at pioneer.arc.nasa.gov (John S. Watson - FSC) wrote:

>Hello,
>Last weekend I found some mushrooms in the Sierra near Yosemite
>growing on the ground at about the 7000' level.
>
>I'm pretty sure I know what they are, at least down to
>the genera, but as a sort of net experiment,
>I've digitize it's image with a video camera,
>to see if anyone in this group provide me with some confirmation.

It's in the genus Ramaria. Probably the most common spring/early
summer Ramaria in the Sierras is Ramaria rasilispora...but I can't
tell from the photo.

 |    Michael Wood   Paradigm Micro Systems    |
 |    mwood at bdt.com     San Leandro, CA USA    |
 |       <http://www.bdt.com/home/mwood/>      |
 |<http://www.bdt.com/home/mwood/mycology.html>|