Mushroom growth on "waste" effluent

Weasel Tracks weaseltrax at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 23 01:09:36 EST 1996

Arora describes Pl. ostreatus growing on waste coffee beans.

I once tried growing Lepista nuda on leaves. Got specimens on a trip to
California and brought them back to Vermont. Propagated a piece of flesh
on agar (beautiful pale violet mycelium). Made some grain spawn and
inoculated old, old maple leaves sterilized in jars. Got tired of waiting
for it to fruit and forgot about it. Months later I came across the jars
again and found misshapen fruitbodies.
   Anyone have suggestions on getting them to fruit in jars? in nonsterile
media?

   ---Weasel Tracks

--
Telling the truth when    | "Just a sucker for recursive logic."
   I say that I am lying, |

--pseudohaiku by Vincent Grzybowski