Reply: L. nuda fruiting difficulty

Weasel Tracks weaseltrax at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 25 18:10:22 EST 1996

In article <78727.rarnold at teleport.com>, <rarnold at teleport.com> wrote:

> Of course, Stamets & Chilton's book "Mushroom Cultivator" (1983,
> ISBN 0-9610798-0-0) has a section on Lepista nuda. They do list
> a 'spawn-run timelength' of up to 60 days, plus 14 days pinhead.
> Perhaps 3 months is not unusual.

I had that book at the time (perhaps nine years ago), and must have known
that data. Still, I more or less gave up on it and neglected it for a few
months more. The fruitbodies were long and stringy and hugged the bottom
and lower sides of the jar. I'm just wondering what mechanisms would
optimally stimulate the fruiting. The jars were kept in a dark cupboard,
so the only significant parameter to change would be a gradual drying.
Aside from the continuing development of mycelium, of course.

   ---Weasel Tracks

--
Telling the truth when    | "Just a sucker for recursive logic."
   I say that I am lying, |

--pseudohaiku by Vincent Grzybowski