Need source of bacterial filters producers

Joe Harrington joeharr at worldnet.att.net
Thu Jun 27 22:44:05 EST 1996

You didn't indicate what type of bags you are currently using and what
species of mushroom you are cultivating?

If you are growing on a sterilized substrate such as sawdust, something
that is effective down to 3 microns is suggested. There are several
distributors of gusseted poly bags with a 3 micron filter patch that
meets this requirement. Another more economical alternative is an
autoclavable growing bag with an open cell polystyrene foam filter which
is reusable and very adequate for excluding contaminants and permitting
gas exchange....

There is another forum that has a lot of active growers on it and the
archives have a wealth of information for growers. Contact Ralph Arnold
the list owner at rarnold at teleport.com if you are interested in
subscribing to the Fungus list... And I'm sure there are several
subscribers on this forum that can provide you with filtered growing bags
or direct you to a source of them. Good luck.

Joe

Portland, Maine