Flesh-eating Fungi...

"David Brayford ", IMI D.BRAYFORD at cabi.org
Tue Mar 5 03:56:41 EST 1996

I vaguely remember reading a report about Fusarium (?equiseti) colonising
burned tissues on a patient and actually making the scabs heal better.  Oh
yes, check out Peterson & Baker (1959) Mycologia 51: 453-456.  Somehow I
doubt if this treatment is available on the NHS.  (Fusaria can become
invasive in traumatised or immunosuppressed tissues.)
Dave Brayford