catalogue entry

MSDN MSDN at sheffield.ac.uk
Wed Mar 6 10:25:07 EST 1996

I am forwarding the attached message from a colleague at a
culture collection, who has a question related to the
taxonomic rules for the anamorph and teleomorph states of
fungi, presumably in relation to cataloguing.  I would be
grateful if anyone can offer advice, which I will forward to
him.

He writes:
"... Two taxonomic points of view are met:

first the presentation of the teleomorph state and under
"alternative state", the presentation of the anamorph state.
ex:
SPECIES: Nectria viridescens
ALTERNATIVE STATE:
SPECIES: Acremonium butyri

first, the presentation of the anamorph state and under
"alternative state", the presentation of the teleomorph state.
ex.
SPECIES: Acremonium butyri
ALTERNATIVE STATE:
SPECIES: Nectria viridescens

I would like to have your advice concerning the most correct
procedure used
Frederic Lemoine"

Thank you, Sunil Nandi
MICROBIAL STRAIN DATA NETWORK             Sunil Nandi
Tel:           +44-114-2583397            MSDN
Internet: msdn at sheffield.ac.uk            63 Wostenholm Road
Fax:           +44-114-2583402            Nether Edge
                                          Sheffield S7 1LE
                                          England, UK