All-American Stericlave

David Holdom d.holdom at ctpm.uq.edu.au
Fri Mar 8 10:39:16 EST 1996

We are considering buying an All-American 25X stericlave from Fungi
Perfecti, for use in a small insect pathology laboratory.  They are a lot
cheaper than small horizontal autoclaves, but we have never seen one.

Has anybody had any experience with them?  Are they reliable and accurate in
terms of temperature regulation?  What about throughput?  We will be mainly
autoclaving 500 ml Schott (media) bottles, 250 and 500 ml conical flasks, and
small bags and jars of grain.  Occasionall smaller or larger bottles/flasks.

Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

David Holdom
Cooperative Research Centre for Tropical Pest Management
University of Queensland
Qld 4072
Australia