Common Names

GORDON RUTTER G.Rutter at rbge.org.uk
Wed Mar 13 03:58:43 EST 1996

Dear Fellow Mycologists,

I would like your help if I may.

I am  trying to compile a list of common names of fungi and as some
of these are only used in limited areas there are many I am not aware
of.  I have access to such texts as Roger Philips, David Arora etc so
names from these are not needed.
Ideally I would like to know the following details:-

Common Name
Scientific Name
Literal English translation (if applicable)
Country/area of origin/usage
Literature references

If people could supply me with all of the above for as many species
as they are willing I would be extremely grateful.  if all of the
above is too much then the requests are in order of importance, and
any information will be most welcome.
I will of course keep people apraised of how the task is progressing.

Many thanks for the invaluable help I hope to receive.

Gordon

Gordon Rutter
Mycology

Royal Botanic Garden               email g.rutter at rbge.org.uk
20A Inverleith Row                    phone  + 44 131 552 7171 ext 275
Edinburgh                                  fax  + 44 131 552 0382
EH3 5LR
Great Britain