Identify this mushroom for me please!!!

Tryggvi Emilsson emilsson at aries.scs.uiuc.edu
Tue Mar 19 12:01:48 EST 1996

Is this a serious response,or deliberate flame-bait?????!!!!

The fungus on this picture could be Lycoperdon perlatum.It could also a
button of an Agaricus, or an Amanita . Agaricus and Amanitas grow on
the ground, L.Perlatum USUALLY does not.The consequences of a mistake
could be ugly,to say the least!

T.Emilsson
U.of Illinois/Chem.