Anaerobic Fungi...

"David Brayford ", IMI D.BRAYFORD at cabi.org
Thu Mar 21 04:04:50 EST 1996

Plants parasitic upon fungi?
It depends how you define 'parasitism' and 'plants'.  The obvious examples
are mycorrhizal relationships and the lichenised ascomycetes with algal
partners.  These might be interpreted as mutualistic symbioses rather than
parasitism, but the 'plant' clearly benefits from the fungus, which is kinda
what you were asking.  Then, of course, there is the whole topic of
endophytic fungi, which might help protect the plant from other parasites.
DaveB