Mycoparasitism in plants Was: Anaerobic Fungi...

Thomas O'Dell todell at u.washington.edu
Thu Mar 21 14:24:39 EST 1996

Monotropoid colonization is a modification of ectomycorrhizae I beleive,
similar to arbutoid and ectendomycorrhizae where there is intracellular
penetration of hyphae, all of these mycorrhizae have a mantle and hartig
net as do ectomycorrhizae. I dont know about Orabanche, I thought that at
least soem are plant parasites, putting haustoria into host plants...
check Leake's article in New Phytol.

todell at u.washington.edu
"when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
H.S. Thompson