non-professional contributions to mycology research project

Jack Murphy jmurphy at FMNH785.FMNH.ORG
Fri Mar 22 11:02:00 EST 1996

Dear folks:
        I am preparing an article discussing the integration of
non-professional mycologist/mushroom hunters into formal research programs,
particularly in fungal biodiversity surveys.  If you know of major
contributions by individuals or amateur organizations to mycological
research, from anywhere in the world, I would be very grateful if you would
inform me.  Please respond to me directly, and I will post a summary at a
future time.  Oh, I am already aware of the Oregon Mycological Association's
chantarelle study, and of the works reported by Eef Arnolds in the Netherlands.
        Thanks much in advance,

Dr. John (Jack) Murphy  (JMURPHY at
Dept. of Botany
Field Museum of Natural History