Killing spores in smelly shoes?

tom c. cigolott at nbnet.nb.ca
Sun Mar 31 21:57:03 EST 1996

In message <4jas29$pa6 at news02.deltanet.com> - ma2 at delta1.deltanet.com
(Marc Anton)27 Mar 1996 07:51:37 GMT writes:
+
+Thanks for the suggestions all.

x x x x x x xx s t u f f x x x xx  x x s n i p p e d x x x x x x x xx

+
+Was this serious?
+
+I'm beginning to think I'll just have to bury them period.
+
+But before I do I may give it one last stab with some lethal
+combination of Lysol, disinfectant/fungicide, H202...
+
+Microbiology is not my field and I never suspected that
+bacteria, besides fungi, could also breed in shoes.
+
+I just bought a new shoe rack with metal catches to hang
+the shoes on, but I don't want to hang these shoes on
+the rack unless I'm totally rid of whatever is infesting
+them because I don't want to contaminate the other shoes.
+
+Cheers,
+
+-Marc

so why don't you try baking soda ? Or better still, try the carpet
deoderizers, which have bicarb and some smelly stuff ! let them dry for
a tad......shouldbe good as new.....well sort of. Heard of a shoe expert
once comment that one should have two pairs of shoes....let one pair dry
out one day and wear the next etc.

regards
tom c.

Now sweating in a pair of shoes tells me that they make you sweat or
hold the perpiration in.....either way, dry them out.