morels...

Mara Linaberger linaberg at OBERON.PPS.PGH.PA.US
Thu May 9 19:52:44 EST 1996

I and a couple of friends are off for our third weekend of morel hunting
in western PA.  The last weekend in April we found 16 large black
morels.  Last weekend, we found approximately 50 common ones, a few
blacks, and a few semiliberica.  We also went to an old abandoned orchard
we know of and found what we felt was "the mother lode."  Under one tree
alone, we picked 40 prime morchella deliciosa (much earlier than I had
expected to find them - what a treat).

As it has been raining non-stop here in PA, we are hopeful that this
weekend will be the prime picking time for us....we'll keep you posted!

Happy hunting!

Mara Linaberger <linaberg at pps.pgh.pa.us>
Elementary Teacher, Pittsburgh Public Schools