Gliomastix info neededq

Doug Rice drice at
Wed May 15 09:03:42 EST 1996

In article <4nahlv$1fj at> davidmarc at (DavidMarc) writes:
>From: davidmarc at (DavidMarc)
>Subject: Gliomastix info neededq
>Date: 14 May 1996 13:59:27 -0400

>Does anybody have info on Gliomastix? I detected quite a few cfu/m3 in a
>mold-contaminated building and am not familiar with it. Any toxigenic
>effects? Growth factors?

>Thank you.
>Davidmarc at

Gliomastix is actually fairly rare for indoor air isolates.  Out of 40
articles listing mold genera isolated indoors, Glio. was cited only once.  The
citation is:
"Viable Moulds in House Dust"  R.R. Davies (1960) Trans. Brit. mycol. Soc.
Vol. 43 #4.  pp617-630.
If you publish this, let me know.  Good Luck!

Douglas A. Rice
CSU-Environmental Quality Laboratory Director
Applied microbiology of food, air, water and soil.
drice at
voice:  (970) 491-6503
"Moderation is for Monks, take big bites out of life."