CANDIDA PARAPSILOSIS

Lester Pasarell Lester.Pasarell at UTMB.EDU
Wed May 15 09:04:51 EST 1996

>anyone with experience or info on trichosporon penicillium, particularly
>in regards to skin and scalp infections of a particularly persistent
>nature? This fungus also has an ability to attach itself to and to grow
>on synthetics. Please help me if you can........dougzen at humboldt1.com

Hi!

What type of information are you looking for?
is it on Candida parapsilosis? or Trichosporon beigelii, the agent of white
piedra in
humans? or Trichosporon penicillatun a rarely isolated environmental yeast
like organism?
There has been a lot of "name" changes for the genus Trichosporon in the
last couple
of years...
please e mail me with specifics about your query

lester
Lester Pasarell-Luiggi                        e mail= lpasarel at beach.utmb.edu
Medical Mycology Reference Laboratory                 ad727 at rgfn.epcc.edu
Department of Pathology
University of Texas Medical Branch            http://fungus.utmb.edu/myco.htm
Galveston, Tx 77555-0609                      409-747-2439 laboratory
                                              409-747-2437 Fax