Fatality after consuming hallucingenic mushrooms

neocon at ix.netcom.com neocon at ix.netcom.com
Tue May 28 00:23:36 EST 1996


Joe Yandle wrote:
> 
> Alain Gerault wrote:
> >
> > WARNING !
> > A young man died from an overdose after consuming Psilocybe semilanceata. With
> > a group of friends,he had consumed more than 50 of these mushrooms in three
> > intakes on the same day.
> > Left unattended, he died on the very evening after a few-hour-long coma.
> > : email :
> > Alain.Gérault at shom.fr
> 
> if i drink a gallon of water in a day, it is harmless.  yet if i drank
> 50 gallons, i would probably die a painful death.  does this mean that
> water can now be considered deadly?  i think that it means that if
> you're stupid enough to eat 50 psychedelic mushrooms in a day, you've
> reaped what you've sown.  what a way to die.
> 
> --
> ************************************************************************>      Joe Yandle                 "Every time that I plant a seed
>      joe_yandle at unc.edu          he said, 'Kill it before it grows'."
>      http://www.unc.edu/~jyandle/      -Bob Marley
> 
> ************************************************************************

How big are the mushrooms of this species anyway?  I've eaten way over 
100 stunzii at a time, but they are tiny.  If this "fatal" species is 
anything near in size to cubensis, this frog musta been fuckin' nuts!!!



More information about the Mycology mailing list