Deuteromycetes

Kelly Patrice Collins kpcollin at students.wisc.edu
Sat Nov 2 07:54:35 EST 1996

In answer to my own question, and just in case anyone else wants to know.
 The structure "analagous to a cleistothecium" (and, yes, for all you
anal types, I mean "similar in function but not in evolutionary
origin")in the deutermycetes seems to be a papulospore.  Now, I know some
of you may argue that analogy anyway, and I'd like to hear whether you
could consider it as you do a perithecium/pycnidium.  Some consider them
a type of sclerotia, but that's argued also (then again, what isn't??).
If anyone knows any more about papulospores or has seen them, please let
me know.