Ms Kelly's rudeness

Enigl at aol.com Enigl at aol.com
Thu Nov 7 15:29:52 EST 1996

In article <327E26EF.1031 at mail.uwlax.edu>, Tom Volk
<volk_tj at mail.uwlax.edu> writes:

> Sometimes in cyberspace it is easy to misread intentions and I
>am sure Kelly meant no offense.

I am also originally from Wisconsin, but I don't know  Kelly Collins.  She
reminded me of a student I had, who told me there is no such things as
"Black Yeast"   (_Aureobasidium_, etc.)   It was easy for me to take
offense since at the time I considered myself an expert on the "black
yeast" genera.  That was in a face to face meeting.  Cyberspace is even
worse.  We can't read the other person's face and voice inflections.
Sometimes words are "too" powerful in e-mails. . ."anal". . . is
definitely a powerful word and easily misread.   This is not a lesson just
for Kelly, this is a lesson for us all.

Davin

Davin C. Enigl, MS-MEAS, President-Microbiologist
HACCP Validations-sm  Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points for the
Food, Cosmetic, Pharmaceutical, and Nutritional Supplement Industry
Voice: (916) 989-8264,  Fax: (916) 989-8205,  Pager: (714) 725-7695
9040 Erle Blunden Way
Fair Oaks, CA 95628
November 7, 1996
7:48 am