Large Mushrooms

k4cfv at aol.com k4cfv at aol.com
Wed Nov 13 13:31:07 EST 1996

Hi,My name is Bob.  There are some very large mushrooms growing ina field in back of my house in central Florida.  They are from6 to 18 inches across the open cap.  The stem is from 2 to 6inched in diameter.  They are very light in color with darkbrown gills underneath.   There are such beautiful mushrooms, I wonder if they are eatable.  Any help in identifying themwould be appreciated.Thanks, Bob  k4cfv at aol.com