Edibility of Lepistas

Harry Lehto hlehto at utu.fi
Thu Nov 14 08:51:23 EST 1996

Dear mushroomers,
              I ran accross two Lepista species Lepista nuda (=Blewit)
[finnish name: Sinivalmuska] and Lepista nebularis [Härmämalikka].
(Both have been assigned sometimes to Clitocybe of Tricholoma genera.)
Any way, most books I have tell that these are edible, but warn that
some people get gastric side-effects.

I would like to hear about experience of such effects with these mushrooms
and wheather they occured if mushrooms were boiled before preparing them
for food.

Also I would appreciate in hearing about your experience with
Hypoloma capnoides [Kuusilahokka] considered a good edible species here
in Finland.

Regards
Harry
   Dr. Harry J Lehto                     Assistant Professor, Docent
   Tuorla Observatory                    Yliassistentti,    Dosentti
   Turku University                      Tel: +358-2-2744263
   Vaisalantie 20                        Fax: +358-2-2433767
   21500 Piikkio, FINLAND                email: hlehto at utu.fi