A Request for Help

Kevin McFarlane nstn2762 at fox.nstn.ca
Tue Nov 19 17:18:10 EST 1996

Hi,
	I'm currently working on the second draft of a fiction novel
based on a tree-eating fungus. From time to time I'm going to need some
questions answered and was wondering if anyone would mind if I posted
them here to pick your brains?
	Previously I posted asking if anyone would be willing to help me
with the project but I've found you mycologists are a busy bunch and are
hard to get a hold of. So, I thought I'd just post here and anyone
knowing the answers could e-mail me. That way I'm not taking up too much
of any one person's time. I'm hoping maybe a couple of you will become
interested enough in the plot to follow along and maybe offer suggestions
but that's entirely up to you.
	Anyways here's the first question: (oh, this is dealing with a
mutated tree fungus. I'm not sure if that's important to know or not but
thought I'd tell you)Okay, so this new strand (?) of fungus is found in
European forests. It's very resilient and none of the known fungicides
(what would you use? I've got a couple already but would like some more
suggestions) can kill it off. My mycologists are working to break down
the structure of the cell. What I need to know is what you'd look for
that'd differentiate the types of fungi. Or something not a lot of other
strands have and would be hard to locate.

	I appreciate any help you can offer and thank you for your time.
If you have any questions just e-mail me at the above address.

Sincerely,
Kevin McFarlane