A Request for Help

Eric Grunden egrunden at prairienet.org
Wed Nov 20 18:11:40 EST 1996

In a previous article, nstn2762 at fox.nstn.ca (Kevin McFarlane) says:

>	I'm currently working on the second draft of a fiction novel
>based on a tree-eating fungus. From time to time I'm going to need some
				*******

Fungi have a bad enough reputation with non-mycologists as it is,
and now you're going to strengthen that misconception by painting
them as the "bad guy" again. Why not write a novel about fungal
products that save the world by killing disease, or symbiosis?...

[snip]
			*******

>European forests. It's very resilient and none of the known fungicides
>(what would you use? I've got a couple already but would like some more
>suggestions) can kill it off. My mycologists are working to break down

			*******

Good! I hope it infects the so-called "mycologists" too so that
real mycologists can move in and study and classify it ;>

						= eg =