Clitocybe nebularis toxicity

Anna Sabbatini a.sabbatini at FASTNET.IT
Wed Nov 20 13:44:13 EST 1996

Alain Gerault vrote:
<        Clitocybe nebularis is not a toxic species but in some cases it can
<create a gastrointestinal irritation. This species is often parasited by
<various other parasitic species: Penicillium, Aspergillus, Trichotecium,
<Mucor... this latter provoke an intoxication. This is an intoxication due to
<the parasitic and not from C. nebularis. On the other hand this species
<contains antibiotics (clitocybine) which give intolerances.
<  Best regards.

<  Alain Gerault Toxicologist. Societe Mycologique de France.

We are very interested in your letter about the C. nebularis. We would like
to ask you a few questions:
 -  Do you think that C. nebularis might contain toxins that
    are difficult for the human organism to remove?
    We believe that C. nebularis might contain one or more
    toxins that are initially tolerated but an intoxication
    may occur due to accumulation in certain subjects.
    We understand that for this reasoning C. nebularis has
    been declared not edible.

 -  Concerning the parasitic species we would like to ask you
    if the miceli of the Volvariella surrecta might be a cause
    of toxicity in C. nebularis and for what reason?

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Thanks
Giovanni Mattioli - Gruppo Micologico Naturalistico DLF - Ancona (Italia)
gmn at fastnet.it
--
   /~~~~~~~~~~~\                       Anna Sabbatini
\\\\\\  \~/  //////                E-mail: gmn at fastnet.it